On June 4, 2010 my brother was in a car accident that left him in the hospital for 11 days. He was the passenger of a car that went head on with a Holly Springs school bus. The bus went 8.5ft into the Buick that his best friend was driving. Eric was asleep when the car hit the bus and he was the first pulled out and then he was transported to Wake Med in Raleigh. His injuries consisted of: a dislocated hip through the left pelvic bone breaking it into 3 different pieces, a broken right collar bone, 2 fractured ribs, a bruised sternum, broken nose, right fractured cheek bone, and the nerve controlling the left foot was crushed. He turned 21 the day he was released from the hospital and had to spend 3 months in a wheel chair. On August 31,2010 the doctors said he could start walking again but taking it slow. He started out with a walker just using it around the house then he switched to a cane. Everyone was extremely happy that he was able to walk again because at first they told my mom it could be a year before he would be able to even put weight on his foot. I'm very glad that he survived the accident because without my big brother I wouldn't know what to do.
The one thing he said to me that I will always remember was:
"I suggest never play chicken with a school bus because I doubt you will win, I just got lucky that's all."








No comments:
Post a Comment